TRC Club President – Lee Harle
As a lifelong rugby fan – and at various times, rugby player, coach, and parent – I am proud to serve TRC, a club which plays such a positive part in my and my family’s lives for the last eight years.
I am a proud supporter, of my wife playing Touch for TRC MADS and of our three kids playing in U10 Touch, U14 Touch and U14 Rugby; and a humble coach, constantly learning about the game. I can safely say that our lives have been truly enriched by the values, camaraderie, and friends that we have all made at the club and within the rugby community in Singapore and beyond.
We owe all this to the many volunteers who have built the club over the last 12 years since a bunch of enthusiastic parents got a handful of kids together in the corner of a muddy field, giving birth to TRC.
So what makes TRC so special? Here at TRC we strive to be:
- A thriving, family-oriented junior rugby club – open to anyone looking for a great junior rugby experience in Singapore
- Inclusive and diverse – girls & boys, touch & contact, from tots to teenagers, even aging stars, and aging newbies
- For the kids, not for profit – providing accessible rugby at reasonable cost – made possible by passionate and dedicated parents and volunteers, enjoying giving back to their club and community
- A welcoming, ready-made ‘rugby family’ – easy for all to make friends and a second home for those far from home
- A club with good facilities for the benefit of our members – with a legacy of a sound financial footing for the long-term
- An active contributor to rugby and junior sport in Singapore and beyond – fostering the spirit and values of rugby across Singapore,reaching out to those less
fortunate or unaware of our club and our great game in all its forms
If you are thinking of joining TRC and have questions, or already a member and wondering “how can I help?”, do drop me a line, together we can give our kids and families ‘rugby for life’ – maximising the positive impact of sport, and especially rugby and its values, on our kids.
TRC Club VP and Director Rugby U5 – U10 – Mike Jackson
Mike is Vice President and Director of Junior Rugby U10’s and below. A member of TRC for over 6 years, Mike has been a Head Coach for 4 years, is World Rugby Level 1 (iRB) qualified, has been the TRC Junior Cup Tournament Organiser since 2016 and, after losing a bet that his daughter would never give up figure skating to play contact rugby, then became the Tournament Organiser for the Girls Rugby TRC Cup since 2017.
“TRC prides itself on its core values of teamwork, respect, and commitment and we bring these values to life from the first day kids pick up a rugby ball. My coaching philosophy centres around fun and inclusion for all irrespective of ability. As the kids move from games (learning basic skills) into playing non-contact matches we focus on the teamwork aspects rather than individuals and mix teams irrespective of ability. Contact rugby commences in the U8’s and we take pride in the transition and learning process as the kids learn new tackling and rucking skills. Safety is paramount at this stage and so is having fun!”