Each Head Coach or Team Manager must register their team at the Operations Tent at least 45 minutes before their first game.
2. TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
All Tournament details, including schedule of play, results, tournament rules, general information and any changes that may affect you will be updated on our scoring system – TeamSnap Tournaments
3. OPERATIONS AND CONTROL TENT
All queries can be directed to any of the Tournament’s Operations team who will be available around the grounds or at the Control Desk by the soft drinks.
4. PITCH MARSHALS
Ensure your team supports the Pitch Marshal Volunteers by listening to their directives and have your team ready for their next game so they can take to the pitch before the completion of play. All requests by Pitch Marshals to remove players and / or supporters from an area of play must be abided to. Pitch Marshals are our volunteers and an important part of ensuring the schedule of play is kept on time.
5. HEALTH AND SAFETY
All players compete at their own risk however qualified First Aid staff will be available throughout the tournament – located in the First Aid and Medical tent and with eyes on all games. Managers & Players should pay specific attention to the following:-
• Microsporidia: Owing to recent cases of Microsporidia (an eye infection) at various locations around Singapore it is highly recommended that all players frequently wash their faces & eyes to remove any mud. The medics will help with this as required.
• Sun Exposure: Please be sure to protect all players against sunburn
• Dehydration: It’s a long day so make sure all players drink plenty of water. Players with headache, dizziness, stomach ache or any other complaints may be dehydrated and are in danger of heat exhaustion which can be serious. They must be rested, cooled down, rehydrated and observed.
• Abrasions/infections: The best way to prevent skin infections is to clean wounds! The First Aid team can help with this.
In the event of lightning all matches will be suspended. All players, managers, referees and spectators should immediately take cover in the nearest tent. The event organisers will determine when (if at all) it is safe for play to resume. Please do not allow players to run around outside during lightning storms.
We will try very hard to stick to the match schedule, however, as a result of bad weather or other reasons, it may become necessary to adjust the schedule.
The tournament will be using TeamSnap Tournaments for schedule, results and messaging.
- The Playing Schedule and results will be available online at https://www.teamsnap.com/tournaments
- To download the TeamSnap Tournaments app, go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to find app:
1. Google Play Store – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fanapp
2. Apple App Store – https://appsto.re/us/1ngndb.i
In app, sign in using this your email address and follow our tournament, Rentokil Initial TRC Cup 2022 Rugby 15s Tournament
Now you can favourite your team, see division schedules, and can receive real-time scores, updates, and notifications. You can also see results on the web here.
Please note that you will not receive real-time alerts unless you are on the app.
Listen out for announcements to be sure that your team is in the right place at the right time.
Please ensure that your team stays for their age groups’ prizegiving, even if you have not won a prize. It is only sporting to those who have won.
9. CODE OF CONDUCT
Ensure that all players, coaches and especially parents adhere to the proper code of conduct. The decisions of match officials are final and must be respected. All concerns can be made to the TRC Cup Tournament Director at the Control Desk.
Please ensure that you inform the tournament organizer if you have a qualified medic on your coaching staff so we can advise our own medics. In the event of an injury the tournament medics decision on treatment is final and overrides any involvement or opinion from the relevant team’s medic.
11. HAVE FUN!!
Having fun is incredibly important to us at TRC. It has been proven in many an international study that kids will stay with their sport if they are having fun – as a coach, a team manager or for parents, please ensure this is reinforced over the TRC Cup weekend.